Isilon Drive Support Package (DSP) 1.21 is available and can be downloaded from the Dell EMC Online Support website. See the Isilon Drive Support Package 1.21 Release Notes for complete product information, including known issues.
You can update drive firmware by installing a drive support package only if your cluster meets the following system requirements:
Supported OneFS Versions
Your cluster must be running OneFS 7.1.1 or later. Use the following table to match your node type (left-side column) with the version of OneFS that you are running to determine which procedure you should follow to update your drive firmware. See the “System Requirements” section in the Isilon Drive Support Package 1.21 Release Notes for specific installation steps.
The following nodes support drive support packages for updating drive firmware. See the OneFS requirements in the table above.
- S200, S210
- X200, X210
- X400, X410
- NL400, NL410
- H400, H500, H600
- A200, A2000
What’s New and Resolved
- Update the HGST Ultrastar C10K1200 300GB, 600GB, 900GB, and 1.2TB to firmware version AD40
- Update the HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 2TB and 4TB to firmware version A5EITD40
- Update the HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB to firmware version APEITD40
- Update the HGST Ultrastar He8 8TB to firmware version A4EITD40
- Update the Seagate Enterprise 6TB to firmware version KFH5
The following issue has been resolved in the latest drive support package:
- A No_SSD version of the drive support package was necessary to address the L3 cache corruption issue that is described in ETA 200097. There is now only one version of the drive support package. However, you must perform a simultaneous drive firmware update if you are running one of the following versions of OneFS:
- OneFS 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- OneFS 184.108.40.206 – 7.2.0
If you are running one of those versions of OneFS, the procedure for performing a simultaneous drive firmware update is included in the Isilon Drive Support Package 1.21 Release Notes.
Refer to the “Known Issues” and “System Requirements” sections of the Isilon Drive Support Package 1.21 Release Notes before upgrading. Drive support package installation and drive firmware upgrades are strongly recommended. Each node in a cluster that requires a drive firmware upgrade must be upgraded individually (one node at a time).