A new issue of the EMC® Isilon® Uptime Bulletin is now available on the EMC Online Support site (requires login).
Each quarter, the EMC Isilon Uptime Bulletin describes some of the best practices to help you achieve the highest level of operational reliability for your Isilon environment. The latest issue of the Uptime Bulletin covers the following topics:
- Benefits of the Isilon OneFS Job Engine
The Job Engine is the OneFS work distribution system. Learn how the Job Engine can make routine cluster maintenance easy and efficient.
- Best practices for working with snapshots in OneFS
Snapshots are used to protect data against accidental deletion. Learn best practices that can help improve snapshot management in OneFS.
- Recommended releases of OneFS
Get links to the release notes for the latest recommended release versions of OneFS 7.0, 6.5, and 6.0.
- The latest firmware package releases
Review the following firmware package release information:
- Supported drives in drive firmware package 1.6
- Supported storage platforms in node firmware package 9.0.1
The EMC Isilon Uptime Bulletin is published at the end of each quarter. If you have any suggestions or requests for the next issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: best practices, firmware, job engine, nodes, OneFS, SnapshotIQ, source:isi, Uptime Bulletin